- 24-Mar-2014 to 28-Apr-2014 (CST)
- Saskatoon, SK, CAN
- Full Time
The Flaman Fitness is actively seeking Warehouse Personnel for the Saskatoon location.
FLAMAN PROFESSIONALS ARE:
Our award winning team is made up of individuals who have a strong passion for excellence, are driven to achieve their highest potential and thrive when being challenged.
The warehouse personnel will be responsible for assisting in the accurate and seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments. They must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g. lift truck, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality, and assisting in the scheduling of freight appointments. Assisting with inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are also essential functions for this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Prepare materials for shipment.
- Match incoming and outgoing product with purchase orders.
- Inspect product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating.
- Operate a Forklift or Electric Pallet Jack in a safe manner to move received product.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments.
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Assist in the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Assist in managing inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- • Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
FLAMAN GOALS - WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO:
The Flaman Group of Companies has three goals that guide all the decisions we make. Each position within Flaman contributes towards these goals in a unique way.
1. Customer Responsibility
2. Achievement of Goals
3. Making Things Better
The Flaman Fitness s is a fun and friendly place to work. The successful candidate will be well compensated with a competitive wage, benefit package and growth with professional development all within a high energy and supportive work environment.